Something that?s happened for the past few years, but I?ve never managed to go to is the Quad Racing Association Margate Big Sky Beach Cross Weekend, or QRAMBSBC for short, or how about just the Quad Bike thingy at Margate. Yet again it seems to be something that has sneaked up on me, and I will endeavour to make the effort and get down there.
Is it just me, and that I should look out for these things, or could there be a bit more promotion for it? I found out yesterday in Your Thanet (on page 20), but I?m sure that those who have been before will already have it in their diary for this time of year. I?ve had a bit of a google and yes it has been promoted and is on websites, etc so it is most likely just me. It?s quite easy for me to cast the blame on others but it?s probably more a case of me being ignorant about these things. I apologise.
Just in case others have missed out on this info the timetable of the weekend is:
Saturday 7th March
- 9.30am:Parade of riders along the Promenade on to the beach to the work area.
- 10.30am:Qualifying heats for the Adult Quads & Solos to determine which group A,B,C the riders are in.
- 11.30am: Racing starts with the 250cc Youth Quads. Each class/group gets minimum of three races per day.
Saturday evening from 8.30pm DJ Stumpy will host a social evening for competitors and guests at the Smith Court Hotel.
Sunday 8th March
- 9.30am: Parade of riders along the Promenade on to the beach to the work area.
- 10.00am: Practice ? 2 laps practice for all classes.
- 10.30am: Racing for day 2 starts. Each class will have minimum of three rides with the top riders from each class competing in a Grand Final.
- 4.30pm:Presentation of awards.
For more information please go to: www.margatebeachcross.com