I thought I’d give you a little update of what I’ve been up to this last week. I took some annual leave which combined well with the Easter Bank Holiday to make a nice long break. Don’t assume that this post is a return to blogging though. I’ve not given much thought about the blog over this time so I’m not really sure what the plan for the future is. The world has kept turning so we’ll see how it goes.
- 27th March – Had first BBQ of the year, and then went greyhound racing at Sittingbourne.
- 30th March – 1st April - Went to York. A very nice place indeed, although quite far away (274 miles). It shares a lot of features and history with Canterbury although it seems to have retained a lot more of its individuality. York Minster is pretty amazing and I went up to the top of the tower which gave great panoramic views of the City. I also did plenty of other sightseeing things too.
- 1st April – Went to Alton Towers. A nice day out although there was still plenty of queuing and the new ‘Thirteen’ ride was a great disappointment.
- 3rd April – Went to the Planet Thanet Easter Beer Festival. I had half pints of: Dark Mild, Old Legover, Celtica, Stud, Spinnaker, White Dwarf Wheat Beer, Pompey Royal, Gadds No.5, Uberhop, King Alfred’s Gold, and Wold Gold.
- My car died – My Renault Megane of the last 7 years looks to have finally died. I’m not sure what to do really.
Obviously other things have happened too, but these are things that stood out. I hope you’ve had a good week too